3 months without you

Three months,

We miss you, Della. 


We found out I was pregnant with you in January. I excitedly cleaned out the TJ Maxx, infant Christmas section. After reviewing my purchases, I found out that I am a l huge Rudolph fan! Hahaha. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18o0EofvLkE4csGm2HXWWo4lQ8qtu1sWU

This season has proven to be a challenging one. I keep thinking of how cute you would’ve been in a snowsuit. I imagine your little head in a little hat with two pom pom “ears” on it. Christmas decorating was equally fun and devastating. As newlyweds, we didn't own many decorations. We decided to go to Hobby Lobby. We filled our car and justified each item by saying “My parents have had ____ for over 20 years!” 

My heart ached as we passed by sections of “baby's first Christmas” ornaments. We picked out a photo frame ornament and decided to put your picture in it. To lighten the mood, we started a tradition of picking out funny ornaments for each other. I convinced Dad that you would have loved a set of little bird figurines wearing sweaters. He rolled his eyes, laughed, and let me put them in the cart. 


We miss you Dells. Time hasn’t healed the ache. It has been so beautiful to hear how many people miss you with us. People who barely even know Dad and me. For someone who spent no time on this earth, your story touched so many hearts. We love you, Della Jane. We will continue to find your love in the details of life.


With a love that reaches both Heaven and Earth,

Mom and Dad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Della's Story

Ornaments

Target